Your First Burn Session
When first lighting your candle it’s ideal to burn the candle until the melted wax reaches the edges of the container (at least 1 hour, but never longer than 4 hours). This gives the candle time to do its magic and burn as evenly and clean as possible.
Trim Wick Before Each Use
Always trim the wick to about 1/4" before lighting your candle. This will allow the candle to burn at its best and reduce smoking. A wick that is too long or short will just leave us all frustrated with an unevenly burned candle.
Signs it’s time to trim the wick: flame is larger than 1” in height • wick starts to “mushroom” at the tip • wick releases black smoke when lit • flame flickers
Other Candle Safety Tips
- Burn candle in a well ventilated room free of drafts or air currents.
- Never leave a candle unattended.
- Never handle or move a burning candle. Wait until it is completely cooled.
- Never let trimmings or foreign objects accumulate in the wax pool.
- Discontinue use when 1/2" of wax remains in the container. Continuing to burn past this point is a fire hazard.
Love our matte black containers? Reuse! When your candle is down to about 1/2” of wax, while the candle is in its cool state, simply scoop out the remaining wax and wick. Wipe the inside of the container with a warm wet cloth or paper towel and viola, it’s ready for its next adventure.